The purposes for which the Club has been established are to:
- Advance intellectual and cultural interests among adult persons who have retired or are semi-retired from their former occupations.
- Hold regular meetings and arrange activities to provide opportunities for fellowship, the development of acquaintance and social interaction.
- Strive to be seen as a worthwhile organisation by the local community.
- Be non-political and non-sectarian. It shall not endorse any candidate for public office and shall not take corporate action at any meeting with the intention of influencing the polices or decisions of governments; however the merits of any public questions may be a subject of fair and intelligent study or discussion at a club meeting for the information of members.
- Not to be, or be seen to be, a fund raising body. The club by a majority decisions of its members may engage in corporate projects for social benefit provided that any such activity shall not involve the raising of funds and provided that individual participation in any such project shall be entirely voluntary.
- Not enter into any contract which involves the use of the Probus name or the Probus emblem without the prior written consent of Probus South Pacific Limited.
The Probus Club of Melbourne North has adopted the standard Constitution of Probus South Pacific Limited. For a copy of this document click here.